Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Wayne's World

MOVIE
Wayne's World
1992

Tagline:  
You'll Laugh.  You'll Cry.  You'll Hurl

Starring:
Mike Myers
Dana Carvey
Rob Lowe
Tia Carrere

Based on a Saturday Night Live skit, Wayne's World follows two guys trying to make something of their cable access show.

Follow along as I watch!

Has Rob Lowe aged at all?



Wait, is that Ione Skye?  Yes, yes it is.

So many infomercials!

Really, how old are Wayne and Garth supposed to be here?

One of the best uses of a song in any movie -- Bohemian Rhapsody

"If you're gonna spew, spew into this."

Ed O'Neill!



Oh look, it's Lara Flynn Boyle before she got scary -- even though she's super crazy in this movie.



Oooooo.... a "that's what she said" joke in 1992.

"Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?"

"Hi, I'm in Delaware."

"Game on!"  

The entire advertising scene.  Nuprin.  Little.  Yellow.  Different.

I just giggled at the start of the Laverne and Shirley parody.  




Ridiculous Terminator reference......now.

"I never learned to read!"

"Wait up, guys. I fell on my keys!"

I have to admit that my first viewing of Wayne's World was probably the first time I ever heard Ballroom Blitz.

Three endings and none of them particularly good.  Oh well.

Final thoughts:
It's definitely dated now but back in the early '90's it was everything.  Funny in my memories.





No comments:

Post a Comment